The ReNew Mackay Consortium has been successfully awarded the tender for the development rights of six council owned sites in the Riverside and City Centre precincts of the Mackay Waterfront.
The properties which are part of a staged development plan include:
- Gregory Street Carpark (on the corner of Gregory and River streets)
- 14-20 Wood Street (former Retravision building)
- 1-5 Wood Street (former Pioneer Shire Council building and surrounding vacant park land and access ways)
- Brisbane Street Carpark (corner of Brisbane and River streets)
- 8 River Street (overwater restaurant)
- 6 River Street site (former Seafresh building which was recently demolished)
ReNew Mackay has put together a really exciting development plan proposal which includes a mix of residential, retail, health, and hospitality offerings worth $300 million across the six sites. The proposal also includes their intent to develop their own privately owned sites in addition and complementary to the six public sites.
The commercial arrangement will outline development timeframes and land transaction requirements determined by milestones being achieved.
This is a major milestone for the Mackay Waterfront Project and first major private investment since the Mackay Waterfront PDA declaration.